Open Letter to the Executive Governor of Enugu State

In a heartfelt and urgent appeal, Mr. Ikechukwu Okeke, CEO of Breathe Restaurant and Lounge in Enugu, has penned an open letter to the Executive Governor of Enugu State, His Excellency Barr. Dr. Peter Ndubuisi Mbah. In the letter, Mr. Okeke expresses profound gratitude for the Governor's previous intervention following the demolition of his business by the Enugu State Capital Territory Authority (ECTDA). However, he also raises concerns over the prolonged delay in the reconstruction of his establishment, despite the Governor’s initial directives and the provision of materials for the rebuild. Mr. Okeke's plea highlights the severe impact this delay has had on his livelihood, urging the Governor to ensure the immediate commencement of the promised reconstruction work.

OPEN LETTER TO THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF ENUGU STATE

From: Ikechukwu Okeke,

CEO, Breathe Restaurant and Lounge,

Enugu.

To:

His Excellency,

Barr. Dr. Peter Ndubuisi Mbah,

The Executive Governor,

Enugu State.

Your Excellency,

I hope this letter finds you in the best of health and high spirits. It is with deep respect and profound gratitude that I write to you today, not only as the CEO of Breathe Restaurant and Lounge but also as a concerned and loyal resident of Enugu State.

Firstly, I wish to extend my heartfelt appreciation for your timely intervention following the unfortunate destruction of my business by the Enugu State Capital Territory Authority (ECTDA). Your swift action in approving the reconstruction of the structures, and the subsequent delivery of bags of cement, molded bricks, and tips of sand to the demolished site, is a proof of your commitment to justice and fairness. This gesture, Your Excellency, rekindled hope not only in me but also in all those whose livelihoods depend on Breathe Restaurant and Lounge.

Moreover, Your Excellency, I am compelled to acknowledge and commend your administration's unwavering commitment to infrastructural development across Enugu State. The remarkable progress achieved within such a short period since you assumed office is a clear fulfillment of the promises you made during your campaign. Your dedication has not gone unnoticed, as the people of Enugu State hold you in high regard for the positive changes you have already instituted. The admiration you have garnered from residents across the state is well-deserved, and it is my belief that your leadership will continue to usher in prosperity and growth for all.

However, it is with a heavy heart that I must bring to your attention the unfortunate reality that, despite your directives and the materials provided, work on the reconstruction of my business premises has yet to commence. Over Six Months have passed since your initial intervention, and the materials delivered by the government remain exposed to the elements, lying under the rain and sun. In this time, my business has been completely grounded, with no source of income for myself, my family, and the dedicated staff who once served our loyal customers.

Your Excellency, I write to humbly appeal for your further intervention in this matter. The delay in commencing the reconstruction has caused immense hardship for me and all those who depend on Breathe Restaurant and Lounge. My business has been inoperative since March when the demolition occurred, and this prolonged period of inactivity has taken a severe toll on our lives. I earnestly plead that you kindly expedite the implementation of your instruction that work should commence immediately.

Your Excellency, it pains me to say that in this period of despair, there have been whispers of victimization based on tribalism, suggesting that the delay in addressing my plight is because I am not originally from Enugu State. Such rumors, though distressing, have not swayed my faith in your administration's commitment to justice and equity for all. However, I fear that continued neglect may push some individuals to consider unlawful means of survival. I assure you, as a law-abiding citizen of Nigeria, I remain steadfast in my belief in due process and the rule of law. Therefore, I once again appeal to your sense of fairness and humanity to ensure that the reconstruction of Breathe Restaurant and Lounge is promptly commenced as you so graciously promised.

In closing, I reiterate my deepest gratitude for your previous interventions and implore you to once more extend your hand of support to restore my business and livelihood. Your swift action in this matter would not only alleviate our suffering but also reinforce the trust and confidence that the people of Enugu State have in your leadership.

Thank you, Your Excellency, for your attention to this pressing matter. I remain hopeful that, under your administration, justice will prevail.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Ikechukwu Okeke

CEO, Breathe Restaurant and Lounge

Enugu.

Popular posts from this blog

Jubilation Erupts as Enugu Commissioner Clears Hospital Bills for Detained Family of New Year Triplets

Gov Mbah lashes killers of 2 Policemen, Places N10m Bounty on Culprits

PDP Council Election Primaries: Igboeze South Stakeholders, Delegates Desert Exercise over Marginalization of the West...Decry marginalization, injustice against the west